Nayan | WritersCafe.org

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Why Support Isha Vidhya?

http://www.ishavidhya.org/rural-education-in-india.html


That the shine in their eyes bright,
must not go waste!
Inquisitive and fearless - these angels are our future,
and that’s why we must haste!

Holistic education, that enhances
their boundaries of perception;
Beyond literacy and skills, rudimentary,
that, into their full potential, they blossom and flower!

To bring rural India out from their poverty,
education of quality, to nurture and inspire,
is the only thing we can offer,
to make it happen!

When options, there seems many,
and why Isha Vidhya - remains, if the question,
and why I sold my car to support them –
then, the lines below shall have you convinced,…

Bilingual audio-visuals, storybooks and flashcards,
Math lab, learning aids for every subject and per class,
Creativity corner, poetry and story corners,
Wish list, promise list and speed read lists,…

Birthday calendars and activity heads in each class,
Honesty shop, library and the subject labs,
Reminder smiley badges for English speaking,
Clubs - ecological and environmental, IT, science, and many more,…

Football, volleyball, hockey, cricket, khokho, javelin, and more,
And primary students have fun in the Jungle gym,
Yoga and group activities on a daily basis,
Caring, loving teachers and coordinators as well,…

I have been touched by the happiness
of the children who come to these schools,
and the clarity in their thoughts in communicating,
that Isha Vidhya has been the moment of change in their lives!

There can be no doubt once you see for yourself!
The education quality being offered, that is
far far better than the schools I studied in –
And that is why I run for Isha Vidhya!!!

Join me my friend, who reads these lines from my heart,
and lend me your trust, and Isha Vidhya your support -
Spread the word, donate in cash or kind, visit or volunteer,
and offer this gift to more and more children!


- Nayan,
(while relishing the pain from the half marathon run today, and pondering how to get more support for Isha Vidhya…)
28th Aug 2016, 6 pm

Hyderabad, India



My friend! Whomever you may be – I call upon you!
Please join me with some contribution, whatever is possible from your end. It may be as little as INR 100, or in some kind.  Even a drop of water is valuable in a world thirsty of education.
I'm running an online campaign at http://bit.ly/makeAlife-ishavidhya
You can support through a donation, as per your choice.
You can also spread the word, if you feel convinced with what I have written after my personal experience. You can volunteer as well, if you wish.
Or, you can connect with me over FacebookTwitter or Google+ to know more.


No comments:

Post a Comment